At Wholegrain Digital we are passionate about making a positive impact on the world and love to work with clients who are doing great things. The sad reality is that often the people doing the most positive work are people who do not have big budgets to support their work and so it is natural that they would request discounted or pro-bono work.
Over the years we have supported many positive organisations and our experience has led us to define a few simple rules of thumb to help us decide if we can support the project.
- completely pro-bono when we have the time and resources available
- for causes that we are genuinely passionate about
- where the team members are passionate enough to put in a proportion of their own time voluntarily
- that have clearly defined boundaries
Don’t do projects:
- discounted, because it devalues our service and limits our ability to draw clear boundaries around our contribution
- that are favours for people we know because it limits our ability to draw clear boundaries around our contribution
- that we are not personally super passionate about
- that are not clearly defined